Women’s Business Center Manager
This position is a leadership role within West Center. The WBC Manager is responsible for ensuring successful day-to-day operations of the WBC Program, meeting goals consistent with grant requirements, grant reporting, and compliance requirements for federal funding. This role will give you the opportunity to learn new skills in the pursuit of economic development in a rural economy. You will work with a variety of individuals to foster new ideas to help entrepreneurs thrive in today’s economy.
As an integral part of the West Center team, the WBC Manager works cooperatively with the CEO and staff to support organization wide strategic goals, including the development and implementation of partnership programs and budget monitoring. Responsibilities also include actively engaging with and assessing client needs, coordinating and creating workshops and ensuring that all clients receive the services and resources they need to help them succeed at various stages of their business development. Find out more.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: WBC Manager Application
No phone calls or walk-ins
Business Advisers: contract- part time- full time
Role of the Business Adviser:
The Business Adviser is responsible for ensuring successful client outcome within the West BDC advising program. The work will require interaction with a variety of individuals to foster new ideas to help entrepreneurs thrive in today’s economy and work to support the goals consistent with federal grant requirements.
As an integral part of the West Center team, the Business Adviser works cooperatively with the CEO and reports to the Business Advising Mgr. Responsibilities also include actively engaging with and assessing client needs, and working closely with under served communities, including but not limited to, Native American and Latino communities. Success in this role is to manage multiple client’s entrepreneurial journey and ensure that all clients receive the services and resources they need to help them succeed at any stage of their business development. Service area is Mendocino 101 corridor and Lake county
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide in-depth technical assistance involving one-on-one confidential consultations with West BDC Client(s) to resolve business problems as described in the Scope of Work.
· Assist in the development of business plans, financial literacy, marketing plans and/or advertising strategies, loan packages and/or other written products for use by the Client(s). Provide copies of all products and documents.
· Assist Client(s) in making appropriate connections with resources and recommend alternative strategies.
· Recommend to close out Client(s) file, if the Client(s) fail(s) to respond to significant follow-up, to record economic impacts, or upon completion of appropriate Scope of Work. Actual close out is the responsibility of the center.
· Track monitor and report on Client(s) Economic Impact numbers
Minimum Education/ Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in marketing, business development, financial securities or building and planning services. Computer literacy is required, being adept at using PCs with Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook, Word and Excel), and Google Suite.
Desirable Education/Experience: Fluent in Spanish Language. Interest and/or experience in delivering workshops. Experience with capital acquisition and/or building and planning experience. Experience with community development is desirable. Prior business training experience or business ownership a plus. Four-year college degree.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Subject line: Adviser Application
No phone calls or walk-ins
Salary commensurate with experience
No phone calls please